Effective Date: March 1, 2018
- WHAT INFORMATION DOES DOG COLLECT FROM YOU?
Via the Site, DoG may collect from you: (i) Personal Information, (ii) Non-Personal Information, including technical and other information. You may choose not to provide us with your Personal Information. However, choosing not to provide certain requested Personal Information may prevent you from accessing and taking full advantage of certain services offered by DoG.
- Personal Information.
- To Register for the Site
- Personal Information.
To be a Registered User to access and use any password protected portion of the Site, you may be asked to provide us Personal Information including your first name, last name, address, phone number, date of birth, email address, a unique username you’d like to go by and a password. Your provision of any Personal Information is voluntary. However, if you choose not to provide the information requested, certain aspects or elements of the Site may not be available to you.
- To Shop and Give
We may collect Personal Information including information about your checking account, credit card number, Paypal® information, billing address, billing zip code, security code and other payment transaction and verification details (“Payment Information”) from you. We use Payment Information to allow us to process and fulfill purchases you make through the Site and deliver your products. You may also designate an organization dear to your heart at the checkout, and we will use that information to direct a percentage of your transaction to that organization.
- To Submit Feedback
You may submit your questions, comments and report issues to us on the Site. We may use the Personal Information you provided to contact you to answer your questions or to provide you technical support.
- Social Media
When you communicate with us through social media, or provide a comment directed at us through social media, we may use social media or any other communication mechanism available to us to communicate with you. We may also promote content of interest to you through social media. You may opt out or configure your social media account settings to limit promotion of such content.
- Non-personal Information. While you are browsing the Site, we automatically log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, certain other technical information including your browser type and connection speed and your activities while using the Site (such as the pages you visited). When you access the Site from a mobile device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, including IP address, browser type, and device type, and other usage information about your device. In order to personalize and enhance your experience on the Site, we may also collect information through the following technologies:
- Web Beacons. Web beacons are small graphic images or other web programming code that may be included in our site pages or other areas of the Site. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of users of our Site. Unlike cookies, which are typically stored on your computer or mobile device’s hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages. Web beacons or similar technologies help us better manage content on our Site by informing us what content is effective, counting the number of users of the Site, monitoring how users navigate the Site, or counting how many emails, articles or links were actually opened or viewed.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer, mobile or other device from our server or a third party service provider.
- HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
- Personal Information. We collect, retain, and use the Personal Information we collect via the Site for the following purposes:
- to establish you as a Registered User for the Site.
- to provide you the services and products you requested;
- to operate and improve the Site;
- to verify your identity to allow your access to any password protected portions of the Site;
- to respond to an inquiry from you or address a request submitted by you (including contacting you directly to request additional information to process your inquiry or request);
- to correspond with you regarding the Site;
- To the extent you authorize us, to contact and provide you marketing offerings, information about events in your neighborhood, special emergency relief initiatives, holiday and birthday greetings and other promotional information regarding DoG and/or our affiliates or to inform you of developments in our company or with our Site that we believe may be of interest;
- to send you newsletters, publications and other non-commercial communications regarding the Site and our company if you are on our mailing list.
- to create aggregated, non-personal information, or to create de-identified information;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations or legal process;
- to comply with requests of relevant regulatory and law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies or authorities;
We may use your Personal Information for purposes otherwise disclosed at the time you provide your information.
- Non-personal Information. We may use any Non-personal Information for any purposes as appropriate and subject to applicable law, since Non-personal Information cannot identify you as an individual. For example, we may use Non-personal Information collected to monitor visitor traffic patterns and Service usage, to improve our Site, to customize your browsing experience, to communicate with you, and otherwise to respond to your questions and suggestions regarding use of the Site as may be permitted by applicable law. We may also use Non-personal Information in the aggregate to create summary statistics that help us analyze Service usage trends, assess what information is of most and least importance, determine technical design specifications, arrange our Site in a user-friendly way, and identify system performance or problem areas.
- WHEN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We share Personal Information only with our affiliates, service providers and governmental agencies or as otherwise described below:
- Local Retail Partners. We may share your Personal Information with our local retail partners and other affiliates in your neighborhood to keep you abreast of their initiatives affiliates, or to provide you with the products, services, and offerings you requested. These affiliates may contact you about their products, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.
- Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with affiliated and unaffiliated companies that perform tasks on our behalf related to our business. Such tasks include managing and analyzing this Site or mobile application usage data, customer service, trouble shooting by accessing users’ systems remotely (with users’ consents), electronic and postal mail service, contests/surveys/sweepstakes administration, marketing services, social commerce and media services (e.g., Facebook, ratings, reviews, blog), and payment processing services. Third-party service providers receive your Personal Information as necessary to perform their role, and we instruct them not to use your Personal Information for any other purposes.
- Professional Advisors. We may share your Personal Information with our auditors, lawyers or other professional advisors so they can support our business. Like the other service providers, these professional advisors are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Business Transfers. DoG may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of its assets to a third party. Your Personal Information we obtain from you via the Site may be disclosed to any potential or actual third party purchasers of such assets and/or may be among those assets transferred in accordance with applicable law. Once transferred, your Personal Information remains subject to any preexisting applicable privacy policies.
- YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
We strive to maintain the accuracy of any Personal Information that may be collected from you, and will use our commercially reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update our database when you tell us any such information in our database is not accurate. It is your responsibility to ensure that such information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may obtain from us, by email or mail, the information in our records and/or files. If you wish to make any changes to any Personal Information you have provided to us, you may do so at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Registered Users may correct or update their Personal Information at any time by change their account settings via the Site. You may opt out of receiving communications from us and our affiliates by following the opt-out link provided in any email received from us or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you close your Registered User account, we will no longer use your online account information or share it with third parties. We may, however, retain a copy of the information for archival purposes, and to avoid identity theft or fraud.
- Google Analytics
- To opt out, please download and install the "Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, our Site do not currently interpret, respond to or alter their practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
Our services are not intended for – and we don’t direct them to- anyone under 13 years old. The Site does not permit children under 13 to become users, and we do not collect Personal Information from them. By using the Site, you represent that you are not under the age of 13. Any information we receive from users we believe to be under the age of 13 will be purged from our database.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Site may contain links to third party websites, advertisers, services, special offers or other events or activities (collectively “Third Party Websites”) that are not owned or controlled by DoG. While we have carefully selected the entrepreneurs and businesses who maintain such Third Party Websites, please be aware that DoG does not control, nor are we responsible for, the privacy policies or information practices of third parties or their websites.
While no websites can guarantee security, we maintain Siteropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information, including assuring that third-party service providers who access or handle Personal Information on our behalf and affiliates maintain such safeguards. For example, the Site is protected by secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology.
However, there is no guarantee that information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. When you submit information to us through our Site, you should be aware that your information is transmitted across the Internet and that no method of transmission over the Internet is completely or 100% secure. Please note that emails, live chat messages and other communications you send through our Site are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
In the event that a breach in our security systems occurs and there is a possibility that an unauthorized person acquires your Personal Information, we will notify you of such a breach if we are required by applicable law to do so. However, delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system, as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement, if notification would impede a criminal investigation. From time to time, we evaluate new technologies for protecting information and, when appropriate, we will undertake reasonable efforts to upgrade our information security systems. If you notice or suspect any security violations, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Dept. of good, LLC
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing address: 114 Washington Blvd. Marina Del Rey California 90292